Types of Wasp Spray
If you have a wasp problem around your home or yard, you will want to take care of it as quickly as possible, and a wasp spray can be the answer. You will need to use precautions when spraying a wasp nest, such as waiting until the evening and making sure you are covered from head to toe, including gloves and goggles. Aside from that, you will just want to know the different options available for wasp sprays before you attempt to rid you home of these pests.
Keep in mind, anytime you are not sure you can handle the task of pest removal, it is best to call in professional pest control specialists.
- The Raid Wasp & Hornet Killer 33 – Raid has been a trusted name for “killing bugs dead,” for a long time now. Though this brand offers several sprays that could include killing bugs in general, including wasps, they do make a very popular wasp spray that also gets good customer reviews. The Raid Wasp & Hornet Killer 33 is meant to destroy wasps, as well as hornets and yellow jackets. You can use the spray to kill individual insects upon contact, or use this to destroy the entire nest.
- Bondie 631 Wasp and Hornet Spray - The Bondie 631 Wasp and Hornet Spray product is an oil-based, aerosol that sprays up to 20 feet away. It has the ability to kill on contact, as well as take down nests.
- Hot Shot 13415 Wasp and Hornet Killer Aerosol – One reason why the Hot Shot 13415 Wasp and Hornet Spray does really well in sales is it also eliminates other pests including scorpions, tent caterpillars and yellow jackets. It also, unlike some products, kills wasps returning to the nest. The impressive 20? jet spray can kill on contact or get the entire nest.
Organic Wasp Sprays
Consumers are, more and more, finding the need to contribute to being ‘green’ and environmentally responsible. Organic sprays and other earth friendly options make having to kill insects at least a little kinder to the earth. These are just a few of the options available on the market.
- Safer Brand 5730 Wasp and Hornet Killer – The Safer Brand 5730 Wasp and Hornet Killer is a favorite option among those who wish to be more ‘green’ and environmentally responsible when it comes to pest control. This product is organic and has no CFCs. With this product, consumers find it has a fast knockdown and kill on contact time. It also reaches as far as 15 feet in distance and can take out an entire nest.
- EcoSMART Wasp & Hornet Killer Aerosol – A safe and natural alternative to other types of standard wasp and hornet killer sprays, the EcoSMART Wasp & Hornet Killer Spray is derived from plant-based ingredients and is safe around children and pets. It is also known to kill extremely fast, making it a preferred method for those who wish the death to be quick and painless.
Where to Shop
You have several options when it comes to where to purchase wasp sprays. You could shop online, for instance. This option enables you to compare prices as well as reviews. Going to a store can be overwhelming, if you have not already decided which product you want. Different brands and types of sprays line the shelves, and it can be hard to make a decision unless you have done research prior to your offline store shopping excursion. Amazon.com offers a lot of choices and selection in it’s pest section.
The drawback to shopping online is waiting for your wasp spray to be shipped. If you are having a problem with wasps, the difference in waiting a few extra days can make a big difference. You may have an outdoor event coming up planned for your yard, and waiting for shipping may not be an option. So, then it is time to consider another way to make your purchase.
You can find a variety of products for wasp, hornet and yellow jacket removal at most gardening or hardware stores. This includes major, big-box, chain stores such as Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Home Depot and even ACE Hardware. You can check with your locally owned, independent stores, as well. To seek ‘green’ alternatives, you can check with major chain or locally owned earth conscious stores with natural products, such as Whole Earth Grocery. Either way, with a little research you can find a wasp spray to work for you.